Student Advisory Service


Acceptance of Abroad Courses:




If you are seeking a certificate of equivalence for classes taken abroad, please submit a filled-out learning agreement form and a detailed documentation of the course content as a single PDF document to our secretaries’ office at office-ise∂iism kit edu before your departure. The documentation should contain the following information:

  • Detailed syllabus (content, used literature, type of exam, etc.)
  • Number of ECTS
  • Link to the course on the university website
  • Rank of the university relative to the KIT (see below)


As a default, we will accept courses that match the contents of classes that we offer as “Spezialvorlesung”. If you take a course from a university that ranks as high as or higher than KIT according to the European University Ranking by the Times Higher Education , we will accept the class as equivalent.

Please allow three weeks for your application to be handled. Applications that are missing the information listed above or that are not submitted directly to the email mentioned above will not be processed.




After your return, please provide the following documents to our secretaries’ office:



Letters of recommendation:

For a letter of recommendation, we would like you to consider the following points:

  • make sure you have participated in at least two lectures or one seminar by our lab
  • state which courses you have attended at our lab and which researcher at our lab knows you best.
  • make sure your grades were good (otherwise, the value of a letter will be too low).
  • make sure we have at least one month to write a letter of recommendation for you.

Then sent an e-mail to office-ise does-not-exist.iism kit edu containing a current transcript of records, a detailed motivation and a CV.

Letters of recommendation are sent directly to the institution you apply to.